1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forms and Documents

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Hotelinsider, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Hotelinsider

Hotelinsider Hotel Worker

A good addition to the site would be a section where we could post forms that others may be able to utilize, there have been discussions of about what type of forms or reports we all use and having a resource where we can get copies of forms that we can customize for our own properties would be beneficial, or just to get ideas on forms we need to create.

I don’t even know if the site is capable of posting documents in various formats like word, excel, or PDF where it’s easily downloaded. I also think it should be located in a place on the site where only hotel employees can access them, like a sub-forum of the Break room.

What does everyone think? Would this be beneficial? Or should I put the crack pipe away? :feedback:

encadm likes this.
  2. jay

jay CHW General Manager Staff Member

Admin Post
    Done. :) Click the downloads tab across the top of the page. When you upload a file, a post is made in the forms/documents/etc. forum off the breakroom. This feature is only accessible to those designated hotel worker. It will only accept .doc, .xls, and .pdf so please if you have the newest versions of excel/ms word, convert your documents to one of these file types.

Any questions, let me know.

3. TheItalian

TheItalian CHW Marketing Director Staff Member

Admin Post
    Good idea just gotta be careful what you post. A lot of the forms we use are not to be shared or removed from property (for example - we can't take forms with us if we quit/transfer and go to another property.)

Hotelinsider likes this.
  4. Hotelinsider

Hotelinsider Hotel Worker

Good point, unless you walk off the job and don't care. LOL I have copies of every form that I used at my last job, some won't be posted, most are what I created so they aren't going to give away any state secrets or be National Security Risk. LOL

encadm likes this.
  5. Bill

Bill New Member

I dont think people really care. At the first hotel i worked for i made for them a bunch of forms and stuff. When i went to my current hotel, i took with me all the forms and whatnot that i made and i changed around all there stuff up here.

Also, I uploaded 1 file but it's not showing up on the downloads screen

Hotelinsider likes this.
  6. jay

Admin Post
    Uploads need to be moderated/checked for viruses, etc. It may take up to a few days for them to be approved. :)

Hotelinsider likes this.
  7. jay

Admin Post
    The new forums software has built-in support for attachments. Please only upload attachments to the forum called "forms and documents", attachments elsewhere (other than pictures) will be removed and you may receive a warning.

8. TheItalian

TheItalian CHW Marketing Director Staff Member

Admin Post
    Yea, you're right that most people won't give a shit. But there is that 1% that do.