1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Pride

Discussion in 'GLBTQ' started by Hotelinsider, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Hotelinsider

Hotelinsider Hotel Worker

So Gay Pride Month is almost over with, did anyone do anything special? How was business for the month? We always get some football teams staying, they are always pretty fun people, easy going, easy to deal with, no problems. We also seem to get all the lesbians (a lot that stay every year) always look forward to seeing some of the regulars. A couple that stay every year are hilarious makes the weekend. I'll miss it all this year since I'm not working, will probably see them at the parade though. :Banane09:

2. TheItalian

TheItalian CHW Marketing Director Staff Member

Admin Post
  3. jay

jay CHW General Manager Staff Member

Admin Post
    This weekend has been pretty busy, as usual. We stopped doing the pride package several years ago though. (It included parking, an upgrade if available, blah blah blah.) Maybe next year I'll get a booth at Pride as a travel agent, put up pictures from Gay Days at Disney World, etc. LOL.

4. Hotelinsider

So I got to meet up with "my lesbians" they were upset that I wasn't working, but the happy ending was that we got to drink together during the parade. I missed the football teams, which was a disappointment especially since I was on the phone with one team for a total of 2 hours in the past month making sure everyone had reservations that should have had them.

5. misskitty79

misskitty79 Active Member

Gay Pride Month? Never heard of it.
    We're in Chinatown, not The Village, so Pride events rarely affect our occupancy rates. Right now, we're gearing up for Canada Day this weekend, Jazz Fest, a shit-ton of other festivals & most amusingly, Otakuthon (our local Anime convention).
    Montreal's Pride Parade isn't until later in the summer & though I thought about popping over to Toronto so I could catch the end of their Pride Week, in the end, I couldn't be arsed.

Hotelinsider likes this.
  6. AzkadelliaMJ

AzkadelliaMJ Hotel Worker

Pride is next month for me. I've had to put a restriction on the twins so we have our "oh shit, that should be a twin" rooms. I don't work weekends so once I've got my groups in line on the Friday I'm all ready to go for pride. It's generally a busy weekend but very chilled, I'm yet to find out where but I usually get told we're rated pretty highly for gay friendly hotels in the city.

encadm and Hotelinsider like this.
  7. Hotelinsider

Unless your in a gay neighborhood, I think the gay market is probably one of least tapped markets in our industry. In a lot of cases your have the gay "DINKS" (Dual Income No Kids) that because they don't have kids and have the money they travel more, in a lot of cases they look for gay friendly hotels. I remember when I worked at one hotel in a smaller town where I convinced the owners to do some marketing towards the gay crowd and they were surprised at the results.