1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GLBT guests...

Discussion in 'GLBTQ' started by jay, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jay

jay CHW General Manager Staff Member

Admin Post
    Franklyn ([MENTION=1316]nyc2theworld[/MENTION]), as a GLBT traveller, I'm guessing you'd be more likely to stay at a hotel (or pick one hotel over another) knowing that it supports its GLBT staff and the GLBT community, etc?

encadm likes this.
  2. nyc2theworld

nyc2theworld New Member

eh not really...lol Basically when I travel my criteria is.

1-Is this hotel a part of my frequent guest program?
    2-How far is this hotel from the gay district/bars?
    3-What is the price of this hotel?
    4-What brand is the hotel and what are my Diamond perks at this property?
    5-Is this property participating in promotion going on during my stay?

encadm likes this.
  3. encadm

encadm Hotel Worker

lol I love that vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqm4H3m3Ew

anyways it depends on which former american idol.

4. nyc2theworld

nyc2theworld New Member

The last cute one to me was Blake Lewis. mmmm....he could beatbox me anytime.

5. encadm

encadm Hotel Worker

awww I loved the bromance between Blake and Chris Richardson

6. misskitty79

misskitty79 Active Member

As a queer person myself (if we're going for specific labels, I'm most willing to respond to bi, poly & pagan). It's rare that I find GLBT-friendly hotels that aren't outrageously overpriced simply because they have GLBT staff &/or advertise in GLBT travel brochures. Personally, I'm looking to find a hotel that is first & foremost affordable (verging on cheap). Second highest on my list of requirements is location; they've gotta be well located for what I'm travelling to town for. If a hotel participates in a loyalty program of which I am a member (& their points don't expire {stupid Loews}), or is offering any deals while I'll be in town are both factors in the decision process.
    Last, but definitely not least, is the staff's willingness to ignore the fact that there are three guests registered to a king room. ;)

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

That's quite the mental image, it is.

encadm likes this.
  7. Nikkol

Nikkol Moderator

This was one of my biggest issues when i was travelling a lot... i cant count how many times we got changed to a room with 2 queens... Thanks for the effort... but we prefer a king.. kinda hard to get 3 people in a queen.. and one of us is not sleeping alone... :sad: We usually never had a problem getting it changed back to a king (if they hadnt sold the room already).. but once they refused to check us in, we ended up sleeping in the car becuase everywhere else was sold out. We ended up calling their GM and he apologized to no end, and made it very clear that "no matter what your ummm sexual preference, we shouldnt deny rooms"... the GM said that he was going to let that desk clerk go because this wasnt the first time they turn people away....

RickAZ and encadm like this.
  8. misskitty79

I remember looking into taking a trip to Hedonism & they absolutely flat out refused to let us book three guests into a king room. Heck, at the time they didn't even want to let us book the three of us into a two bed room, since we weren't "either a couple, or same sex friends" (I know, wtf!, right?). We took that as our cue that Hedonism really wasn't all that hedonistic & wouldn't much interest us. We went camping instead. :)

9. IHateMyJob

IHateMyJob New Member

Heck, you guys can just come on down to my hotel. Every year we have about 50 women who stay for pride, get trashed, sing songs and destroy our rooms. The upshot is that I get invited to the bbq every year. +1 for me. :)

To Nikkol, it's weird that they would change your room without even asking you but I can understand where they're coming from. I've had lots of men and women who book king rooms by accident and then come down all distraught and angry as though we made the mistake. Most of them ask me "do we look like we want to sleep in the same bed together", which I never know how to answer. How can I tell that by looking at you? It's probably a precaution but it's dumb that they would change it before you even got there.

encadm likes this.
  10. misskitty79

It's policy, for us. If we notice that a reso w/ more than two guests listed has been booked into anything other than a TDBN, unless there are notes specifically stating that it was a guest request, we're meant to modify the reso. Personally, I usually just preassign to a KNGN w/ a sofabed in the room. That way, it's neither my business, nor my problem what their sleeping arrangements are.

encadm likes this.
  11. Innkeeper

Innkeeper Hotel Worker

Oh man, that reminds me of two guys who got really angry with me for asking if they had one reservation or separate ones. They asked the "do we look like we want to sleep in the same bed" question too. When they calmed down they seemed genuinely baffled. They asked if "we got those sort of people often". I told them that I wouldn't know, that my only concern regarding guests' sleeping arrangements is that they're comfortable. They actually ended up coming by the desk later to apologize for freaking out and we had a nice long conversation. I don't think they were bad guys, just very ignorant. Massachusetts was a bit of a culture shock for them.

It's probably for the best they didn't come during the gigantic yearly cross-dressing convention.

encadm likes this.
  12. encadm

encadm Hotel Worker

Just had a gay truck driver check in. He is awesome. He couldn't stop staring at the pink lion in our lobby. Asked if it was mine, and we had a good laugh.

Hotelinsider likes this.
  13. gostinitsa

gostinitsa Hotel Worker

Hi. Straight Guy here. Gay-Friendly Motel.

Subject: Gay Weddings.
    Massachusetts was the first state to "allow" and the Owner's Daughter was quick to jump on the band-wagon.
    We get 2-3 a year. I see 1 planned for May.

Observations: Womens are too damn serious. Mens are fun (Fabulous!). Better caterers too.
    Family can be overly dramatic. Keep it to accepting friends and family please.

Story Time:
    30 year guest, an Older Italian Woman, asked about The Wedding. I told her it was a Gay Wedding. After a second, she said"I love a wedding!". She sat in the way back, kissed them both and gave them a "Tribute". Probably a $100 bill.

A Wedding Guest was kinda "hitting on me". His friend (a long-time guest) told him I was more interested in the Young Russian Women. "What a waste of a perfectly good man." I LOL'd

"We'd like to film a Reality Show About Gay Weddings here"
    Me: "No." GM: "No." Owner:"No."
    He was a problem for a bit but has moved on.

RickAZ likes this.
  14. RickAZ

RickAZ New Member

This is why I rarely mentioned that there were three people in the room when it was my wife and our girlfriend. First, it's none of their business, and second, it's none of their business. Last thing I need is some envious little shit at the front desk switching my room type.