1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOMO-WORKING

Discussion in 'GLBTQ' started by BelvedereEm, Jul 15, 2012.

1. BelvedereEm

BelvedereEm New Member

I'm a lesbian, I work Night Audit at a Marriott-FFI&S. Figured I'd post something in here since there is hardly anything to read. And I'm not too sure why there is a GLBT section.
    Oh well.
    I actually take a bit of pleasure in checking-in a GLBT couple. I don't see many. Typically I get hit on by any lesbian that walks through my doors and they ask me all kinds of question like I'm Buddha. Hahaha
    There has been a couple of times religious leaders have spoken to me about "getting right with God" and that I am an abomination.
    And I'm not a very "OMG, I'M HERE, I'M QUEER, GET USED TO IT" kind of person. I don't even like rainbows. (Well, real ones, I like....)
    But, I've had guests that were apart of church groups ask me if I am gay, and them tell me that they can save me by coming to their room.
    They've come down to the desk and shoved all their opinions down my throat for hours (literally 5 hours one night), and I have to sit there and take it, because I cannot be rude to a guest.
    But like I said, I'm not one to be out there telling people my business. Hell, I've even lied to guests and told them I have a Boyfriend, instead of a Girlfriend, just because I don't want to upset them.

Other than that, it's been no different in the GLBT community working for a hotel.
    So hello to any other GLBT persons on here.... if any are around... :]

2. VintageJen

VintageJen New Member

I'm bi, but I'm also a Christian, and I've got a lot of religious hangups about it. I'm not out to many people, especially not my family! I've never been *asked* if I'm gay (do people really just come up and ASK? Do you "look" like a lesbian?) unless there was like, a group discussion, and if sexuality comes up in the wrong group I keep my mouth zipped and go home and cry later. So if I get any speeches it's because I've brought it upon myself! LOL.

I disagree that you have to sit there and take it. Tell them you have work to do and go in the back. Tell them you get paid to accomodate their needs related to a hotel stay, but that you do not have to accomodate their bullying. (I've actually been told you cannot legally proselytize to a captive audience...they have to be there of their own free will. An employee doesn't have the option to walk away, therefore you can't try to 'save' them. But I don't know if that's true.)

Not gonna lie, I thought you were a guy. 'Cause of Mr. Belvedere.

3. AzkadelliaMJ

AzkadelliaMJ Hotel Worker

I'm a lesbian. I was a reservations supervisor at my last hotel. I've always been out to my co workers. It's never been an issue and had lead to some very entertaining mock flirting from the pretty straight women I have worked with. I've also flirted with all the gay men, as they're as filthy minded as I am (just the nature of the hotel really).

I don't think any of the guests knew. I certainly never told them. I've turned down the odd drunk guy, but I consider that a hazard of the job (at one point I could have directed them to a bartender we had) and not an indicator of sexuality. ;)

4. VintageJen

VintageJen New Member

I make it a point to always turn down people who can't finish a thought or stand up straight. Of course, half the time I can't finish my own thoughts, but that's a raging case of ADD, not a drunk thing...