1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Message about email.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by jay, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay

jay CHW General Manager Staff Member

Admin Post
    PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE FULLY. ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT REGARDING THE MESSAGE ABOUT UPDATING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WILL RESULT IN A 10 POINT INFRACTION/WARNING FOR NOT READING THIS MESSAGE!

It would appear that many of you got a message from my account recently about updating your email address. I am not sure where this message came from, but I am currently investigating.

I apologize for the inconvenience. You can ignore the message for now.

UPDATE:

I was able to track the issue down to Symantec's spam blocking service, which many of the larger providers (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc.) use.

After installing extra, completely unnecessary security procedures on the server to verify our identity (dkim, for those geeks interested), I have applied to have us removed from their blacklist. We should know within the next 24-48 hours whether this is sufficient, or whether I need to work with US Family/Velocity Telephone to further modify our DNS settings.

Thanks for your patience while dealing with this completely mind-numbing experience.

UPDATE #2:

I checked us against Symantec again, and we have now been unblocked. It may take some time for all servers to receive the all-clear.

Please please please do NOT send me any responses to the message about your email. THE ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

ChiSecurity and encadm like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.