1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you NOT like about working audit?

Discussion in 'AuditZone' started by KlePtolemy, Aug 30, 2012.

1. KlePtolemy

KlePtolemy Guest

One of the main things I dislike about working audit is that it is nearly impossible to go out and have a drink after work. I have to wait four hours after my shift just for a place that serves alcohol to open. Then by that time I am going to sleep in an hour and it's almost not worth it.

2. potownrob

potownrob New Member

Dealing with places being open, I am only interested in eating and sleeping when I get off, and I am not much of a drinker anyway. Sometimes I wish for pizza or something you can't get at most of the places open at 8AM (a friend and fellow auditor recently found a place near our house that serves pizza and other deliciousness at 7am). A somewhat related dilemma is that I tend to be up overnight in general (even when I'm not working the audit), and have a hard time finding certain food (like pizza!) and other places to go other than bars (which I usually don't feel like going to).

3. VintageJen

VintageJen New Member

I hate commuting for two hours a day, but I'd be doing that whether I was working audit or not so it doesn't count. I also hate the fact that it's overnight. This is not my first time around the audit block and I used to stay up all night with no problem. Now I just can't do it. I guess I'm getting too old. (At freaking twenty seven, LOL).

4. HarryFromMarydelDE

HarryFromMarydelDE Hotel Worker

With me it is the fact that most places I eat out at don't serve dinner (or even open) until after I want to be in bed. I get up around 8PM and leave for work by 9, so I don't have time to eat out after I wake up. Sometimes I eat out on my days off, but my only weekend day off is Friday and most places close by 9 during the week, unless I want to hop straight out of bed on my day off the only day I have any chance is Friday, and even that's pushing it since I often like to sleep in until 10 or 11PM on my days off.

-Harry

5. TheItalian

TheItalian CHW Marketing Director Staff Member

Admin Post
    I actually don't mind it. If there's things I need to do, places are open whereas if I work a 3-11 or whatever, a lot of places are closed at night.

I'd say the only thing I don't like about audits is being away from the wife.

6. SnagsAO

SnagsAO New Member

I understand the food issue. I found an awesome cafe by apartment who will cook me anything I want at 7:30 when I get off. It's a sweet deal.

I hate forcing myself to go to sleep at 5pm every night for a quick nap, when I'm not tired. It's also kind of hard to have a social life.

Whatever. You either love it or hate it, and I'm going on 3 years now with no end in sight.